National recognition for local Casey Business
OK, I couldn’t resist that blog title or this headline. It isn’t often you get a chance to say something like that. If you hadn’t heard yet, we are finalists in two categories in the EDN Innovation Awards for 2009. Melbourne is the Electronics Manufacturing capital of Australia and we are based in Berwick which is administered by the City of Casey . And we are also members of the Berwick Chamber Of Commerce.
Our aim is to turn Australian Electronics Manufacture into Low Cost Electronics Manufacture through improving the total cost of a product throughout its life cycle. This is not a quality reduction process. Quite the opposite. Getting the product right so it doesn’t fail and does do what it is meant to do is one of the things necessary to reducing cost.
Located on the outskirts of Melbourne we primarily serve Melbourne based Electronics Manufacturers by providing them with Electronics and Embedded Software Development services that save them up to 70% compared to traditional linear Product Development.
So how do we do that?
Firstly, there are a few blog posts you can refer back to that will fill in some of the details.
Successful Product Development
- Performance and Cost versus Time
- Time and Cost versus Performance
- Time and Performance versus Cost
- Project Priorities Perspective
- Reducing Electronics Manufacturing Parts Cost
- Reducing Electronics and Embedded Software Product Development Costs
- Electronics Products Made In Australia – Strategies to be more Profitable
Australian Electronics Manufacturing
Low Cost Electronics Manufacture in Australia that competes favourable with China is feasible. Ignoring the trade offs discussed in the links above, the steps to take are:
- Identify the primary priority – is it time, cost, performance?
- Reviews costs – all the costs – see the last link above if you are sure what they all are
- Reduce Cost through redesign to remove unnecessary labour and to streamline manufacture
- Monitor and correct as required
Written like this it sound simple, and conceptually it is. Where it gets lost is in the assumption that it can’t be that simple. But there aren’t any hidden traps in this process.
We have had a few queries about how we came up with our company name, Successful Endeavours. Next post I will reveal all.
Ray Keefe has been developing high quality and market leading electronics products in Australia for nearly 30 years. For more information go to his LinkedIn profile. This post is Copyright © Successful Endeavours Pty Ltd.